Friday, November 9, 2012

Going in a New Direction... Equestrian

     I am really trying to do more animal portraiture and these are some recent images and portraits. They are of my friend Brandon and his Tennessee Walker, Misty. These images are taken over a few weeks during different situations, but they are some of my favorites. Photographing Misty has made me realize how much I love animals and want to work with more horses. I wish I knew how to really work with horses and I wish I knew how to ride, but for now I am perfectly happy with photographing these beauties. My next image in mind for the future involves misty in the snow. I hope it works out!

Thank you again Brandon Blatt, and Misty for being sports while I experiment, I hope we can continue this fun adventure!


I wanted to try something different so I played with textures to enhance the image of MIsty. I really love how it came out. 

I have to admit this is my favorite non facial portrait of both Brandon and Misty, I entered it into a contest!


Beautiful natural light on Misty

I worked hard for this real expression of happiness. He was fighting me the whole time.


Brandon's Dad came down to AThens and rode Misty. I love the toning and the wood in the background.

I like reflections.

The sun came out after a hard rain, so I played with the water and reflections as you can see in my other images.



This is actually a reflection in a large puddle. 























Hope you enjoyed my photos. I am always available for any professional photography for any occasion, and photos are also available for purchase. Please leave comments and suggestions. Thank you for you continuous support. -Deanna C. Sakal

No comments:

Post a Comment